We are looking for a skilled Painter. A Painter performs work under general supervision and in accordance with engineering standards and standard shop manufacturing, safety and housekeeping practices. The Painter will set up paint jobs from start to finish which includes washing, masking, blasting and painting, to ensure all paint finishes meet or exceed customer requirements and that all hazardous materials are handled properly.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Promote and adhere to the Mission Statement, Core Values and Behavior Code.
• Promote company goals with a focus on Safety, Quality, and Production.
• Prepare units for painting by cleaning, sand blasting, sanding surfaces and masking as specified.
• Paint surfaces of metal parts using spray painting equipment adhering to specific surface preparation and painting techniques.
• Apply a variety of coatings including enamels, epoxies, urethanes and military coatings from various paint manufacturers.
• Mix paint precisely to manufacturer and customer specifications.
• Interpret blueprints, engineering drawings, bills of materials, and specifications regarding paint requirements.
• Inspect parts using and interpreting inspection equipment, such as anchor profile gages, dry film thickness gages to verify finish requirements are met.
• Accurately document and record all required data needed to comply with each specification.
• Operate spray booth, oven and ventilation system per specific instructions.
• Stage and move parts within the paint area using a forklift, hand truck, hoist or crane.
• Maintain work area, equipment and supplies in a neat and orderly condition. • Perform other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Minimum of 2+ years job experience with paint application in an industrial or manufacturing environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Strong attention to detail and problem solving skills.
• Experience in metal fabrication or parts manufacturing preferred.
• Ability to use a variety of paint equipment.
• Understanding of paint product capabilities as they relate to the painting processes.
• Demonstrated ability to understand and follow through on verbal and written instructions is required.
• Knowledge of safety standards
• Self-motivated and able to prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work independently and as a team member.
• Flexibility, adaptability and ability to shift priorities based on the organizations' needs.
• Integrity and professionalism is essential.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
This job operates in a production environment. Physical effort consists of frequent handling of light to average weight tools or materials, some handling of heavy weights, some pulling and pushing. Work performed requires constant alertness and activity; concentrated mental and visual attention is required.
Safety Equipment and Attire:
Steel toed shoes (required) Safety glasses w/side shields (required) Long sleeved shirt (must be tucked into pants, required) Long pants, no cuffs (required) Ear plugs (required) Work gloves (required) Face Shield (required for certain tasks) Breathing mask (required for certain tasks) Salary depends on experience and skills. We offer competitive compensation and benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, STD, Paid Time Off and 401K. To learn more and apply on-line, please visit our website at www.butler-weldments.com. Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org